Peanut Butter Pie?
  Re: (...)
My May assignment (should I chose to accept it )is to make a peanut butter pie for my aunt. She loves peanut butter and she would like very much to have this.

So, anyone have a favorite they can give me?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Peanut Butter Pie? by cjs (My May assignment (s...)
I found this one a while back - have not made it yet but it sure sounds good. I may fast track that one.

Peanut Butter Cream Pie with Chocolate Whipped Cream Serves 8 – 12
For the crust:
1 sleeve of graham crackers
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons sugar
For the filling:
2 1/2 cups milk, 2% or higher
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons butter
For the whipped cream:
1 pint heavy whipping cream, cold
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder, plus extra for garnish
1 teaspoon dry gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
Heat the oven to 350 F and spray a 9″ pie dish with non-stick spray.
In a food processor add the graham crackers and pulse until they form rough crumbs, about 20 pulses. Pour in the melted butter, peanut butter, and sugar. Process until well blended and the crumbs are all coated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie dish and press the crumbs into the dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.

In a medium sauce pan whisk together the milk, egg, sugar, and cornstarch. Place the pan over medium heat and whisk until the mixture starts to get warm. Add the peanut butter and whisk the mixture until it thickens and starts to simmer.

Turn off the heat and add the vanilla and butter. Whisk until completely incorporated. Pour the mixture through a strainer then into the prepared crust. Smooth the top so the filling is even then lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on top. Chill for four hours, or overnight.

When you are ready to serve prepare the whipped cream. Pour the gelatin into the cold water and allow to stand for five minutes, or until completely bloomed. Heat for five seconds in the microwave, making sure it is melted, and cool to room temperature. Pour the cold cream into the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk on medium low speed until the sugar and cocoa are blended in then increase the speed to medium high. When the cream is softly whipped pour in the cooled gelatin. Whip until the cream forms medium peaks. Spread on top of the chilled pie.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Pie? by Harborwitch (I found this one a w...)
This one is an old favourite. As Col. Potter, on M*A*S*H, said about some old Scotch (I think it was Scotch), "There's not enough Os in smooooooooooth" to describe it.

Peanut Butter Pie with Fudge Topping

Ingredients for the crust:
  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
Ingredients for the filling:
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use old fashioned style or freshly ground)
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons 1/4 stick, unsalted butter room, temperature
  • 1/2 cup chilled whipping cream (whipped)
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
Ingredients for the topping:
  • 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
Instructions for the crust:
  1. Generously butter 9 inch-diameter pie plate.
  2. Mix all ingredients in medium bowl.
  3. Press mixture evenly in prepared pan.
  4. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Instructions for the filling:
  1. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
  2. Add 1 cup powdered sugar and butter and beat until fluffy.
  3. Beat cream in medium bowl until soft peaks form.
  4. Gradually add remaining 2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar and vanilla and beat to stiff peaks.
  5. Fold 1/3 of cream into peanut butter mixture to lighten.
  6. Gently fold in remaining cream.  Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
Instructions for the topping:
  1. Bring cream to simmer in heavy small saucepan over low heat.
  2. Add chocolate and stir until smooth.
  3. Cool to lukewarm.
  4. Spread topping over pie.
  5. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.) Cover.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Pie? by labradors (This one is an old f...)
Oh my, both are copied! Decisions, decisions
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Pie? by cjs (Oh my, both are copi...)
MERCY! Thanks a lot Jean! My favorite combination is chocolate and peanut butter...YS's also! I may have to sub a chocolate cookie crust, but these are on the short list.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Pie? by Gourmet_Mom (MERCY! Thanks a lot...)
Oh Geeze Now I have to make one of these! That chocolate cookie crust is such a good idea.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Pie? by Harborwitch (Oh [img]/ubbthreads...)
Well, the last of Marjean's birthday presents is made -
[Image: PeanutButterPieMarjean.jpg]

Thanks Labs (I think ) for posting this. We, of course, had to sample this before I take it to her - Good Lord, it's just decadent!!! (Daphne, stay far, far away.....)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Pie? by cjs (Well, the last of Ma...)
WHY, OH WHY, DID I LOOK?!?!?!?!?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Pie? by Gourmet_Mom (WHY, OH WHY, DID I L...)
You're welcome, Jean. Haven't made that one in a long time, myself. Must do so sometime soon. The two things I particularly like about that recipe versus the other are the cream cheese in the filling (wonderful for both the smoothness and the flavour) and the fudge/ganache topping. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Peanut Butter Pie? by labradors (You're welcome, Jean...)
I forgot to post my aunt's response to the pie!! "The Peanut Butter Pie was sooooo goood and soooo rich!!"

I'll make this again when there are lots of folks around to help with it! Thanks again, Labs. And, Aunt Marjean says thanks also.
www.achefsjourney.com