What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 1st?
  Re: (...)
Happy May Day, everyone! Do kids still leave little bouquets of flowers on neighbors stoops? (am I dating my old self here?? )

I'm catering the dessert for Harbinger Winery's Crab feed tonight - I'm serving Fries with Ketchup

[Image: LBCAKEFRIESRASPKETCHUP.jpg]

(pound cake fries and raspberry ketchup served with Raspberry Bliss wine)

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 1st? by cjs (Happy May Day, every...)
Fried Pound Cake??!

WOW!!

We're having Filets with Port Wine Sauce again.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 1st? by BarbaraS (Fried Pound Cake??![...)
Not fried, just browned in the oven, taking liberties with the concept.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 1st? by cjs (Not fried, just brow...)
Hahaha those look great!!!

This afternoon I'm "seasoning" my new smoker. Tonight we're going over to our neighbors for dinner. She's making Drunken Steak. I'm gonna do a potato side dish with sugar snap peas.

I just wish the darn wind would stop blowing...ARG!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 1st? by DFen911 (Hahaha those look gr...)
Have fun, Denise - it'll just take one time smoking and you and Derek will for sure be hooked!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 1st? by cjs (Have fun, Denise - i...)
Well I couldn't wait, got that sucker seasoned and just put in a whole chicken. Lol hopefully it'll be done before we have to leave for the dinner.

I used an infuser in the breast and thighs with a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, pepper and thyme. I also put a whole head of garlic in the cavity. Here's hoping!

Oh I think I found a way to use the smoker to get the chips started and then put them in my bbq to maybe do some cold smoking...can you say gouda?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 1st? by DFen911 (Well I couldn't wait...)
Jean and Denise are being much more creative than me! My niece ran in the local marathon today, so she and her family (my sister and BIL) are coming here for dinner. Post marathon eating recommendation was protein and pasta, so I'm making TNT salmon with lemon linguine, salad and bread. We'll make our own pasta this afternoon. Also trying the lemon pudding cake from CAH #81 for dessert.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 1st? by HomeCulinarian (Jean and Denise are ...)
Well - still on the road. We left Idaho falls a little bit ago. We drove about 5 miles out of our way to go to a farmers' market we heard about on the radio. (More about that later).

Right next door to the farmers' market was a Red Robin. We just stuffed ourselves with Baja Fish Tacos. They were fantastic - a creamy chipotle sauce, a wonderful lime-y pico de gallo salsa, and perfectly deep fried cod. The black beans were a little non-descript, but the rice was fluffy, topped with the pico de gallo and lots of lime. Oh man. Pictures when we get to a free wi-fi spot tonight.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 1st? by Harborwitch (Well - still on the ...)
Oh dear! I let William talk me into burgers...on a SATURDAY! I whimped out on my shopping trip to the city. Next weekend for sure!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, May 1st? by cjs (Happy May Day, every...)
I found venison meatballs in the freezer, so cooked them up in a beef/tomato sauce. Jean, what a great picture! I've cut them into fingers and toasted them, but never thought of fries. This is a great idea for a dessert at the winery, as their new fruit wine is due out any day. Thanks for the idea!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.