Monday's Dinner, May 3rd?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu??

I'm checking my crab dishes to see how to use up what we have.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, May 3rd? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Doing my birthday dinner tonight.
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, May 3rd? by Vanquisher (Doing my birthday di...)
I have some pork chops, and I think we are having these:

http://randomanderson.blogspot.com/2009/...chops.html

with probbly greenbeans and corn on the cobs (frzn)
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, May 3rd? by farnfam (I have some pork cho...)
Well, I'm having another kind of tasting dinner - need to make an avocado/grapefruit salad for a recipe review (another forum ) and need to use the crab. So, we'll have the salad with a crab salad used in lettuce as wraps.

AND that will really clean out the refrigerator.

By the by, had some other goodies to use up and made an interesting side dish. I combined cooked mashed russets, sweet potatoes, mashed caulflower and since this is for my aunt who has trouble eating too much texture, but needs some, I grated another 2 potatoes; tossed with olive oil and s&p and roasted till just browning. The whole combination was really quite nice. Will probably do this again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, May 3rd? by cjs (Well, I'm having ano...)
We had the Mongolian Barbecue posted here. I had the sauce and the steak in the freezer, so tossing together the stir-fry was super easy. I've started adding a thinly sliced red bell pepper and more snow peas so that I can consider it a one-dish dinner with only minimal guilt.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, May 3rd? by karyn (We had the Mongolian...)
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu. Kids declared it great! They had rice and broccoli and carrots. I'll have mine with roasted asparagus.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, May 3rd? by esgunn (Easy Chicken Cordon ...)
I've got drama at home, so I just picked up two steaks and threw in a couple of taters to bake.

Heidi, I'm sorry. I had drama occur today, and I didn't get my shrimp for the soup (chowder) today! I had to wait for payday to get the shrimp. Unfortunately, I had family drama today and could not pick up the shrimp. I WILL do it this week, though! I can't wait for your review!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, May 3rd? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got drama at ho...)
It was so hot and humid here today, we didn't feel likke anything hot. but, I did bake some tilapia with herbes de provence butter (thanks bill for that suggestion, I've been using it often). Veggies and dip, and an avocado/tomato salad. I made my own sugar free jello (I'm addicted to the stuff). I think I used too much gelatin, as it was extremely solid.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, May 3rd? by Lorraine (It was so hot and hu...)
"I made my own sugar free jello (I'm addicted to the stuff). I think I used too much gelatin, as it was extremely solid. " and from there, you can go to making jello shooters, Lorraine!

You have kids, you have drama - knockers up, Daphne, you'll get thru it with flying colors!! Fingers crossed
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, May 3rd? by cjs ("I made my own sugar...)
Good luck Denise, I hope it smooths out for you. Having drama at home and at work. I will be thinking of you and your son.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.