Heidi's (Vanquisher) Dinner Review
  Re: (...)
Bless my soul! I'm so sorry! What a way to introduce you to the dinner reviews!

I so wanted to make this before the review! I will be making this! I will add my review in the next few days! Since it's too late, do you have advice...it looked so good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Heidi's (Vanquisher) Dinner Review by Gourmet_Mom (Bless my soul! I'm s...)
I was less than thrilled with it to be quite honest. In cutting back the chipotle so that my kids would eat it, I fear I cut out a lot of the flavor. I don't think I will make this again. How disappointing! I hope others had better experiences with it than I did. The fried corn cakes had zero flavor at all and tasted like friend green tomato batter with no green tomato inside.

On the plus side, the dessert is to die for.
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Heidi's (Vanquisher) Dinner Review by Vanquisher (I was less than thri...)
Chipotle Shrimp and Fried Corn Cakes

Well, C@H did it again…I can’t believe they called for 2 T. chipotles for this recipe. I used just 1 T. and while it wasn’t too hot for us, for me it just diluted all seafood flavor in the chowder and completely ruined it for me. Roy gave it an 8 1/2 and I gave it a 5.

Since I already knew I didn’t care for corn cakes that have just cornmeal in them, I added whole kernel corn and a pinch of sugar to the batter for the cakes. I loved them, but with the additions it wasn’t the recipe I was supposed to be reviewing. 

[Image: ChipotleShrimpChowder.jpg]

Talk about Corn Overkill!! Had a couple ears of corn that had to be cooked, so corn in the chowder, corn in the cakes, and an ear of corn…. But thank God this was such a tasting menu, I could enjoy the steaks (using up the rest of the morel butter and sautéed morels) and the corn cakes.

Can’t say I’ll repeat this one, this sure doesn’t happen often. Wonder if the same recipe developer does all the recipes calling for chipotles…..
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Heidi's (Vanquisher) Dinner Review by cjs (Chipotle Shrimp and ...)
Okay, so maybe I WON'T be doing this one...why waste the shrimp. How sad. It makes me wish again that the magazine watched us more.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Heidi's (Vanquisher) Dinner Review by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, so maybe I WON...)
I agree, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com