Tuesday Dinner, May 4th??
  Re: (...)
What is everyone doing for dinner?

My refrigerator is FINALLY empty, so I can start with a clean slate! have no idea yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday Dinner, May 4th?? by cjs (What is everyone doi...)
I roasted a chicken the other day and gave husband a slice or two.
But I have the whole thing left so for dinner, I'm doing something lite with it.

Chicken salad with chopped up dried tart cherries and a bit onion and a bit celery, mayo, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and macadamia nuts chopped up in it. Making a Pampered Chef molded [from scratch meaning no recipe] type of bread with whole wheat flour, a small batch of 4 rice medley rice that I'll cool and add to the bread mixture for added umph, sesame seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, poppy seeds and olive oil, that we'll put the chicken salad on topping it with romaine lettuce, pickles and grape tomatoes. A big raised salad [just cause I'm in the mood and have all the ingredients] with honey Atomic horseradish dressing and champagne vinegar,and the rest of the cherry cheesecake for desert.
...of all the things to cherish most in 'this' life, it's the love of a little one...
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, May 4th?? by WannaBeTVChef (I roasted a chicken ...)
Yesterday, I got a whole chicken and deboned, skinned and diced the breasts for use in a stir fry with ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and honey.

Tonight, I'll bake up the legs and wings, but I haven't decided how I'll coat or glaze them, yet.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, May 4th?? by labradors (Yesterday, I got a w...)
"with honey Atomic horseradish dressing" - sounds interesting, care to share the ingredients?

We're going with the Mongolian Flank steak folks have been discussing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, May 4th?? by cjs ("with honey Atomic h...)
We're doing fresh sole--floured with a lite flour/lite curry powder mixture, sauteed in butter until crust is semi crisp. Probably have some roasted asparagus with it. We are avoiding white carbs. (except for a little flour)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner, May 4th?? by Old Bay (We're doing fresh so...)
We had a chicken breasts with mushroom sauce (test recipe for CI). I had planned it for yesterday (and Mongolian barbecue for today) but guess I wasn't really over my allergy attack, so had to finish it today. It was easy, I had all the ingredients already and very good (anything with fresh tarragon is wonderful in my book). We have enough for another meal which is always a bonus. I'll make the Mongolian BBQ tomorrow night and freeze it for later use. Salads tomorrow, End of Harvest Dinner out Thursday and the leftover chicken Friday.