Cinco de Mayo!!!
  Re: (...)
Cinco feliz de Mayo a todos!! (hope I said that correctly)

Our next door neighbors are taking us out to dinner to celebrate the day (we both think we were Mexicans in another life )

What are you all up to? Sharon is back in California by now and will have all kinds of access to good Mexican food today!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cinco de Mayo!!! by cjs (Cinco feliz de Mayo ...)
I wondered if anyone was going to post this! This is a very fun day to go out for good Mexican food, so that's what we will be doing also.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo!!! by Mare749 (I wondered if anyone...)
I hate to say it, but I am a little tired of mexican food. The kids finished up the rest of the black beans and pork yesterday.

Maybe I'll just have a Margarita (or Frescarita) to celebrate after the kids go to bed!!!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo!!! by esgunn (I hate to say it, bu...)
There you go, Erin, do what you gotta do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cinco de Mayo!!! by cjs (Cinco feliz de Mayo ...)
Well we really have nothing for Mexican restaurants around here. Of course we have Taco Bell , and there is a restaurant chain called Don Pablos. I've only been there twice and they did have decent food.

But we are having Jean's Tacos with Mole! I have been craving that ever since we had it the first time! We love that recipe Jean. So yummy.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo!!! by luvnit (Well we really have ...)
Jean's Tacos with Mole sound delicious. I love anything mole and would love to try the tacos. Is the recipe posted somewhere?

We're having half of Jean's birthday dinner--the Cubano Burgers from the latest issue. I'm skipping the Tostones because I didn't see green plantains at the store today. I may try them later in the month. I'll just grill some asparagus instead.
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo!!! by karyn (Jean's Tacos with Mo...)
Karyn, here's the thread where we talked about them -

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post99145

Also, Laura had an alternative idea for putting the tacos together that sounds great. She mixed all the topping together as for a salad and topped the meat/mole sauce mixture with the salad.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo!!! by cjs (Karyn, here's the th...)
After much deliberation, we are having fish tacos with a yummy chipotle mayo cream sauce. I've got Pandora on, playing Mexican Fiesta music. And of course there will be cervesas.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo!!! by farnfam (After much deliberat...)
We started with mojitos (of course...) and then beer-marinated grilled chicken tacos with guacamole. And roasted corn with edamame.

Laura, the Don Pablos near us closed ages ago and I miss it (loved the Mama's Skinny Platter!).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Cinco de Mayo!!! by foodfiend (We started with moji...)
Leftovers - couscous, green beans, roasted red pepper soup - with sautéed chicken breasts. Getting ready to take a little trip to Florida and need to clean out the fridge before we leave.