Cuisine at home Forums
Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=167503)

Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? - cjs - 01-04-2015

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I thawed out one (of 2) pkgs. of alligator given to me by the owner of a local restaurant we like. Don't know for sure what I'll do with it yet.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? - karyn - 01-04-2015

I loved fried gator, but I've never cooked it myself. Whenever its on the menu as an app, however, I order it!

We're going for easy comfort food tonight...chili mac and a spinach salad.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? - BarbaraS - 01-04-2015

I'm making Potato Crust Quiche with a side of bacon that needs to come out of the freezer... now.

Barbara

Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? - Trixxee - 01-04-2015

Good old fashioned chef's salad - iceberg lettuce, dice ham, chicken, hard boiled egg, bleu cheese crumbles.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? - losblanos1 - 01-04-2015

Tonight it's rib roast with mashed potatoes and broccoli.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-04-2015

Everybody to Blane's house!!!!

When William asked about lunch, it was already lunch time, so he chose to get fried chicken from their deli. It's very well done. As I was getting ready to leave, I suggested I should getting dinner groceries so I wouldn't have to make two trips. He immediately asked to have hamburger. This is a typical Sunday dinner for us, especially in the summer. I'm guessing he's wanting something familiar.

I forgot to mention in the other thread about William's condition. This driving thing is going to be a bear! He's already chomping at the bit! I had to get the discharge paper out to prove to him it was a State Law mandated by DMV. It's going to be a LONG six months!

Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? - cjs - 01-05-2015

Oh, it certainly will be...or maybe he'll settle down end enjoy the view for a while.

Our 2 meals yesterday were both just wonderful!! First up an old recipe from MasterCook, but I hadn't put the source on the recipe.... Googled it and found it here, but the site sure doesn't look familiar - the dish is great!

Baked Suasage, Squash and Noodles

It used chevre and with spicy smoked sausage - wow! Now, to fight over the leftovers. It makes a lot; I made 1/2X the recipe and we still have quite a bit leftover.

And later we split an Alligator sandwich - so good!!
[Image: Jan4AlligatorSandwich1_zps8f255437.jpg]

Re: Sunday Dinner, 1/4/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-05-2015

That gator sandwich is making me HUNGRY! YUM!

And I sure do hope he does!