Cuisine at home Forums
Polenta Croutons Recipe - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Polenta Croutons Recipe (/showthread.php?tid=47874)

Polenta Croutons Recipe - Emmasmum - 01-22-2008

Does anyone have a recipe for the polenta croƻtons that are listed with the Simple Cesaer salad recipe.
Thanks

Re: Polenta Croutons Recipe - Gourmet_Mom - 01-22-2008

Doesn't that sound like a good idea. I'll add my request as well. I had polenta tonight and have leftovers.

Re: Polenta Croutons Recipe - cjs - 01-23-2008

Here you go - love these little goodies!

Polenta Croutons
(Cuisine at home, April 2005, Issue 50, p. 29)

Makes: 3 Cups Total Time: 20 Minutes + Chilling

Bring to a Boil; Whisk in:
3 cups water
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 t. kosher salt

Stir in:
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Heat; Fry Croutons in:
Vegetable oil 1/2-inch deep

Season with:
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste

Line a baking sheet with 1/2"-high sides (jelly roll pan) with parchment paper; coat with nonstick spray.

Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.

Stir in cornmeal and salt, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in cream and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Spread mixture onto prepared pan and chill until firm, about 2 hours. Cut polenta into cubes the size of playing dice.

Heat oil over medium-high in a nonstick skillet. Fry croutons in batches until golden brown on all sides, turning occasionally. Transfer croutons to a paper towel-lined plate.

Season with remaining Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately. Shown here with Simple Caesar Salad.

Re: Polenta Croutons Recipe - Gourmet_Mom - 01-23-2008

Thanks Jean! This is on the menu for next week along with Chicken Parm and Caesar. (With fresh polenta by then, of course...LOL!)

Re: Polenta Croutons Recipe - Emmasmum - 01-24-2008

Thank you so much for the recipe. Thought it was strange to get only part of a recipe by email.