Cuisine at home Forums
Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese (/showthread.php?tid=60503)

Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese - cjs - 07-19-2008

Next Wednesday, I need to make a coconut dessert for a friend of mine and I'm not a real coconut fan, so I'm kind of stumped.

Are these cupcakes good? Has anyone tried and liked them? (geez, guess I could have done a search... ) They were in issue #50.

Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese - esgunn - 07-19-2008

I made them, two years ago I think...Is that the right timing. They were good. I enjoyed them. I made them for the kids Bday party, and the carrot ones.

Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese - Dismc - 07-19-2008

Because we're talking cupcakes, (sorry not coconut) I made the chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling and topped with glossy chocolate frosting from Issue 37 last weekend for a gathering. Oh my, were they good. That frosting will definitely become my new go to.

Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese - Dismc - 07-19-2008

Jean, haven't tried the coconut cupcakes but you might think about the Italian Cream cupcakes in issue 67 or 68. They were really good, and have a lot of coconut in them.

Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese - cjs - 07-19-2008

Thanks, didn't run across those - will look at them.

Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese - jend - 07-19-2008

I made the cupcakes without the frosting. They were excellent. There are quite a few reviews for them at recipezaar.com.

coconut cupcakes

Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese - mjkcooking - 07-19-2008

jean made them and they were very good

But the Italian Cream cupcakes sound better!

marye

Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese - esgunn - 07-25-2008

So, how did they turn out?

Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese - cjs - 07-26-2008

Well, those who like coconut were very happy - I didn't care for them - they even seemed on the dry side to me, but as long as MS Joyce was happy.

Oh I forgot to mention the dessert that started all this! I found a recipe for a lemon & lime (layered) pie a couple of weeks ago and showed it to my friend who loves to cook and he wanted to make it for us this week when we were at their house - the only problem was his wife does not care for citrus, and that's when I said I'd make a cocounut (her favorite) for her dessert.

The lemon/lime pie was just delicious!! Now, it's buried but I'll find it and post the recipe, had a graham cracker crust and (lots) of whipped cream...but what a great combination of flavors it was.

Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Ch - Trixxee - 07-26-2008

Quote:

The lemon/lime pie was just delicious!!

I feel a bit dehydrated this morning (one glass of chardonnay too many perhaps?) and a lemon lime pie sounds absolutely quenching! I wish I had some.