Sunday Dinner, 8/29/10
  Re: (...)
Today's my sister's birthday...she's gettng old.

What's on everyone's menu for today?

Lunch is Orecchiette with White beans and pesto
Dinner is Wild rice & chicken soup
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/29/10 by cjs (Today's my sister's ...)
I am cooking for our winery owner friends at their house tonight. Since Joe is such a fan of German things, I thought I would make a roast pork and spaetzle with some roasted asparagus on the side. They just returned from a trip to the Finger Lakes and brought back new wines to try.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/29/10 by chef_Tab (I am cooking for our...)
Oooooo, one of these years the hubby and I are going to take a week off and hit the wine trail up there. His late brother and the wife got a case of syrah from the Wagner vineyard that is absolutely delish! Unfortunately, that vineyard only sells privately and you can't get it in any store.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/29/10 by BarbaraS (Oooooo, one of these...)
Back from camping and needless to say I've got loads and loads of laundry to do so I'm taking it easy - I'll heat up some stuffed shells I made a few weeks ago and froze.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/29/10 by Trixxee (Back from camping an...)
And, MS Trixxee, did you and your girlfriend enjoy your cocktails while the guys set up camp??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/29/10 by cjs (And, MS Trixxee, did...)
My sister and I enjoyed them immensely! And what a pretty picture it was with peach slices and tangelo slices.

I really feel like summer is over now and I don't know how I feel about that. I should get out some C@H issues and look for some fall dishes to make - that will make me feel better.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/29/10 by cjs (Today's my sister's ...)
I can't wait to hear about the orecchiette dish, Jean.

We're having grilled vegetables & Italian turkey sausage, with grilled corn on the cob. It's one of those lazy Sundays; sitting outside enjoying happy hour and playing Mancala. Gosh, that game is addictive!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/29/10 by Mare749 (I can't wait to hear...)
We're going to do something with halibut a friend brought us.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/29/10 by Mare749 (I can't wait to hear...)
Quote:

I can't wait to hear about the orecchiette dish, Jean.

Same! Love to hear about it.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/29/10 by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Grilled chicken legs, fresh bread and salad for Picky. I'm thinking of trying the shrimp, tomato and goat cheese pasta from the new issue. Which I finally got. Yesterday.

PJ
PJ