ACK!
  Re: (...)
I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be on so much in the next week or so. My laptop crashed!!! <insert bawling "smiley" here> It's in the "hospital" now...and hopefully will be out in a few days. In the meantime, I have to sneak onto my husband's/son's computer when I can! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself until I get my baby back!

Oh, I had soo many recipes and pictures stored on there and have been planning to do a back-up but didn't! Best Buy is trying to salvage my hard drive, but it's pricey!!!! If any of you are putting off backing up your info, take a lesson from me and do it now.
Tammy
  Re: ACK! by TwilightKitten (I just wanted to let...)
oh Tammy, so sorry to hear that!
You will be missed so hurry back
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: ACK! by farnfam (oh Tammy, so sorry t...)
Thanks! I feel like I'm going into withdrawal already. I have to get off the PC now so my son can do his school work. Wah!
Tammy
  Re: Re: ACK! by TwilightKitten (Thanks! [img]/ubbthr...)
ACK!!!! That happened to me about a year ago and it took me forever to get everything retrieved---I still miss some of things I didn't get. Y'all better listen up and DO YOUR BACKUPS!!!! HURRY BACK Twilight!!! We will miss your light-heartedness and input to the dinner parties---see you soon!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: ACK! by Roxanne 21 (ACK!!!! That happ...)
I've gone thru that twice now - losing everything...you'd think I'd have learned. But, I've only backed up a few things - good reminder for me, but I'm sorry you're going thru that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ACK! by cjs (I've gone thru that ...)
Tee, hee, my husband is installing the dishwasher, so the computer is free! Woohoo!

And you know, I've had this happen before too...and you'd think I would have learned but no.

THIS time though, Best Buy is putting all my info on some sort of external memory and I can do my back-ups easily (or so they tell me!) on that. The biggest problem I had with doing back-ups is making disc after disc after disc...it's so time consuming!

It's amazing how much I've come to rely on that laptop though!
Tammy