Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16
  Re: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by cjs (Dinner - Monday, 10/...)
Tony is making some kind of chicken enchilada casserole.
Used up the rest of the Picadillo dip as a sauce for pasta and added roasted garlic broccoli. Sigh, another dish for the freezer - it's so darn hard to cook for 2!!!!

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
(10-15-2016, 06:13 PM)cjs Wrote: Used up the rest of the Picadillo dip as a sauce for pasta and added roasted garlic broccoli. Sigh, another dish for the freezer - it's so darn hard to cook for 2!!!!

That looks delicious Jean. Did you mean to say that it's harder to cook for 1?

I'm grilling rib-eyes and asparagus, playing it safe, just in case the power goes out. Sad
Blane, the wind really picked up around here a couple hours ago, but now is very still.

Did I mean for 1? No, but it's probably just as hard as for 2.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
My mother's yard has gotten out of control, so the guys finally took a Saturday off to work on it.  As a treat, she paid for us to get stuff for a steak dinner for everyone.  Baked potatoes and a simple salad on the side.  I wanted to do asparagus, but William vetoed me.  He loves salad about as much as I love asparagus, and a sale price of $2.99 was not a big selling point.   Undecided
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Had a fun later 'snack' - checked out the Asian food area at the store and picked up a small platter of Safeway Sushi. It was such a treat and don't know why I don't  do it more often. And, why don't I make it anymore....I'm getting lazy. Tongue

-------------------

Dinner - 10/16/17????

What's on the menu for everyone today??

No idea here, yet....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by cjs (Had a fun later 'sna...)
Ron is going to cook a couple of beer can chickens on the grill to share later. We have to visit his folks and go to Abby's volleyball game. Tonight we're getting together with Heather, who is making the rest of the dinner, but I don't know what.

I love sushi and our grocery store carries a nice variety of it, which is why I don't make it. It's one of those things that you just get a taste for once in a while and it's nice to just go pick it up. We also have a restaurant nearby that has a great take-out menu when we want something fancier than California rolls.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I agree Maryann - it is just once in a while I get the craving. It's funny Roy drags his feet when I mention it, but when it's in front of him, he has fun with and likes it! Huh

I finally got a batch of pizza dough going - my herbed dough from 'the book' but for the first time I used bread flour instead of a.p. Anxious to see/feel/taste the difference. And with using the enhancer now, it should be delicious. I think I'm just going to do an extra cheesy  Salami and onion pizza - maybe even some beer and watch the Hawks play!!!!

and maybe, of course, some.....

www.achefsjourney.com
I didn't have a clue at the store, so I let William have hotdogs.  We'll have baked beans and slaw on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We are having pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw from Dickey's BBQ for lunch and then leftover chicken enchilada stacks for dinner.

Speaking of sushi, has the poke bowl craze hit in anyone else's area?  Stores popping up all over here.  So good.