REV - Latin Spiced Steak
  Re: (...)
Ok so just got done cleaning up the dishes. I served it with the yellow mole. I was going to do the Sweet Potato Mofongo but could not find a plantain to save my life.

Instead I served them with a recipe from Fine Cooking (Jan 2007 # 83) Crispy Potatoes.

Other changes including not using NY Steaks but a nice flank steak I had. I also did 2 chicken breasts for my daughter since she won't eat beef.

The seasonings were excellent. Nothing was over powering. I did add a bit of salt.

The mole sauce needed a lot of salt but complimented the beef and chicken.

This is a recipe we'll do again. Very tasty indeed. The leftovers are going into tortillas tomorrow with some fresh guacamole
  Re: REV - Latin Spiced Steak by DFen911 (Ok so just got done ...)
I can't lay my hands on the mag. at the moment, but this does sound good. will look later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REV - Latin Spiced Steak by cjs (I can't lay my hands...)
What issue was this in, Denise?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: REV - Latin Spiced Steak by Roxanne 21 (What issue was this ...)
(it's in #61) sorry rox...

Just looked at it - and I had dog-eared the page. looks really good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REV - Latin Spiced Steak by cjs ((it's in #61) sorry ...)
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: REV - Latin Spiced Steak by cjs ((it's in #61) sorry ...)
This looks like the best thing in this issue, otherwise not too exciting.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: REV - Latin Spiced Steak by Old Bay (This looks like the ...)
Oh thank you Bill - I was beginning to think something was wrong with me. I seemed to be the only one not excited about the issue. But that steak does sound good.

(but that doesn't mean I won't participate in a dish that someone choses for a review dinner!! )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REV - Latin Spiced Steak by Old Bay (This looks like the ...)
Quote:

This looks like the best thing in this issue, otherwise not too exciting.

Oh, I beg to differ. I can't wait to try the Meze and the Ceviche. I guess I'm in an appetizer frame of mind.