1/4 t black pepper
1 large garlic clove
1-1/2 cups fresh cilantro
1-1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 t cayenne

Preheat broiler

stir together 1T salt, cumin, coriander, and pepper in a small bowl and rub mixture onto both sides of steak. Broil steak on a broiler pan about 4 inches from heat 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, with motor running add garlic to a food processor and finely chop. Add cilantro, parsley, vinegar, oil, cayenne and remaining 1/2t sald and pulse until herbs are finely chopped.

Holding a knife at 45 degree angle, thinly since steak. Serve with sauce.

Notes. I marinated this for 5 hours, then rubbed it. It was very good. I misread the recipe and added 1/3 c vinegar which was too much.

The Argentines use Chimichurri sauce like we use ketchup. Except I don't eat ketchup.

This recipe is from Gourmet Everyday Meals Edition 2.
  Re: Flank steak with Chimichurri by lxxf (We made this tonight...)
I don't eat ketchup either. We had an Argentine Flank steak eith Chimicurri this summer and it was sumptuous! You just reminded me I need to make more Chimicurri. Great stuff!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Flank steak with Chimichurri by lxxf (We made this tonight...)
Labradors posted a really good chimmichuri sauce the other nite--I love them in any guise, and there are many--(I think Patton said that about himself--oh another story).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Flank steak with Chimichurri by Old Bay (Labradors posted a r...)
Have you been to his memorial in Spain Old Bay? Seriously moving. Not quite there with the Lion of Lucerne, but the history is too recent, I think, to romanticise it.
  Re: Re: Flank steak with Chimichurri by vannin (Have you been to his...)
No, but I love his memory--he reminds me of what I would like to have been, and thank God in a few ways maybe I was--again, only history will tell. I do not flatter myself--is satisfaction a flaw? I think not if not overdone. You are still my poet lauriat.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".