What's for Sunday Dinner????
  Re: (...)
I have no idea what the chef is preparing.....

What are you all planning?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? by cjs ( [i]I have no idea w...)
steamed oysters and more of that hot potato salad from the new issue.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? by (steamed oysters and ...)
Oh Sonja, did you love that hot potato salad? It sure looks good. And how did the mu shu wraps turn out?

Jean, how fun to have a mystery dinner prepared by Denise! I would be happy with a PBJ if it meant I could be with you all!

Dinner tonight is going to be the thai cashew noodles with spicy scallops. I ended up making the ribs last night instead. The prep work is done so I can enjoy the hockey game this afternoon.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? by chef_Tab (Oh Sonja, did you lo...)
Wow, everyone's ideas sound so good! (just talked to Denise and she's working on appies...... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? by cjs (Wow, everyone's idea...)
We're having Black Diamond Steak with Mushroom Risotto and a nice salad with either the Greek dressing we had the other day, Caesar, or Blue Cheese....undecided at this point.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having Black D...)
What?! I thought you were doing dinner and I was doing appies?!

Hehehe kidding...I sure hope dinner comes out good. And dessert is uber simple..lol I need to get started on that too. See you this afternoon
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? by DFen911 (What?! I thought you...)
We're having the Lacquered Short Ribs. Don't know what with. Maybe steamed rice like it shows. Just made a second big pot of coffee and doesn't look like anyone wants any so I may make Coffee Granita with whipped cream for dessert. Sounds cool after the spice of the ribs.

Ok just looked at the b-day dinner thread and see part of the review includes the jasmine rice and sauteed kale. Don't have kale but do have baby broccolini so that's what I'll do.
Shannon
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? by Dismc (We're having the Lac...)
Well, right now we're having Bloody Mary's (very spicy). Later for dinner some leftover Chicken and Rice or leftover Tex-Mex Lasagna. Both are good, but I am partial to the Tex-Mex Lasagna myself.

Nice, sunny Sunday afternoon. Hope everyone else is having a good afternoon too.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? by luvnit (Well, right now we'r...)
I made a tomato sauce for pasta, or I have some rosemary foccacia that makes great pizza.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner???? by chef_Tab (Oh Sonja, did you lo...)
Theresa, we love the potato salad - and the girls liked it as well - it really doesn't "go" with steamed oysters but we wanted them to try it. Oh, and the wraps were a hit as well. Mister and I really liked them. He was very surprised with the slaw dressing - it was a great supper. I think you will like those scallops as well - they are yummy.