DINNER THREAD - 10/24 - 10/30/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 10/24 - 10/30/16 by cjs (Monday's Dinner - 10...)
No, and I have trouble seeing a lot of videos, because something needs to be updated evidently......... Tongue
Will I find it on your face page??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Freezing diving - swedish meatballs.  I don't have any egg noodles so I'll just make some rotini with it.  Broccoli on the side.  Super simple.
Oh Laura - be still my heart!! Can you post that video here for all of us to see?? I copied everyone of them.
Another take on what I make - Game Day Sandwiches -

Attached Files Image(s)

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We considered going to Provisions, but it's going to be so crowded, we decided to walk back up to Loco Joe's. 

Provisions sponsors a Stede Bonnet Sailboat Race on the last Saturday in October to mark the end of their season.  (Google this pirate for cool info about his life.  He was caught here at Southport.....seriously!) Since this event coincides with Halloween, the crew members must dress as pirates.   After the race, they host the Pirate Gala.  Again, pirate and wench costumes are encouraged.  It's free food, but I imagine beer and drinks are marked up.  

We had a nice, relatively quiet, dinner with a nice bottle of cab.  He had what he calls the Y burger....what Joanne's mother served at her restaurant years ago.  It's a really good burger.  I got the grouper tacos.  Note the hot sauce in the picture.  It's really good, and William likes it better than Scirrachia...and he LOVES that!

Considering he only had a sausage biscuit this morning, and I only had a pack of Lance crackers today, we deserved a nice dinner and a bottle of wine.  Now chilling on the porch and getting ready to read until I can steal the tv!  LOL!

[Image: 7E2E1CCE-E42A-42AB-A265-BF2D0D51E364.jpg]

[Image: A810F30B-20DC-44F0-9172-E64492625CB9.jpg]

[Image: 305DBA14-8E22-4D59-8A8D-F662F441873E.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Hmm, will have to look for that sauce, Daphne  We have a pirate's extravaganza up here in Seattle every year, also. But, ours is in the spring and I don't remember what it signifies.

I made one of the sliders (kind of) that I saw in Laura's video - turkey, ham, BBQ sauce, American & Fontina cheese brushed with garlic oil. Very tasty, very messy and not real pretty.... Smile

www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday's Dinner - 10/30/16??

What's everyone doing for dinner today???

Doing a quick shopping trip before our 10 a.m. Hawk's game. I'm going to (finally) make these two dishes out of my one Butternut squash while we watch the game -
Roasted Butternut Squash Penne Al Burro
Hasselback Butternut Squash with Bay Leaves

The Hasselback squash says it can be made ahead, so I'll roast both at the same time.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tony's making baby back ribs (he bought some new sauce at Lucille's BBQ to try), asparagus, baby greens salad and sourdough dinner rolls.
I could eat that ham sandwich for breakfast.  Smile
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 10/24 - 10/30/16 by Trixxee (I could eat that ham...)
I could too! Melty cheese always looks "pretty" to me!

Ron is smoking ribs today. Acme had the St. Louis cut on sale for $1.99 last week in our area, so he bought 4 slabs to put in the freezer, and one to cook today.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Ribs are (is?) what Roy has chosen for his b'day dinner Tuesday.....I'm so anxious, it's been so long.
www.achefsjourney.com